Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Extreme Makeover!



I have seen the shows and maybe you have too. You know, the one where they take a families home and go in and tear it down or remodel it until it is brand new or practically brand new. Either the family has had a death or some tragic things have happened in their lives and they have written in for a new home. I love to watch the people rally together and give these families a new home.

Maybe, you have seen the ones where it is not the home that gets a makeover. I have only seen this a time or two in the past. Sometimes the people were born with a severe birth defect or maybe suffered a horrible accident and the things that they did to these people were just unbelievable. There were a few though I remember were just unhappy with their life and wanted or felt they had to have a new start. Either way the changes were remarkable.

In both these shows the men and women that went through the the makeover their lives were dramatically changed. I know you are wondering where I am going with this but I wanted to tell you that I am going through an EXTREME MAKEOVER! It all started in the year 1978 when I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour! Ever since that day my extreme makeover has been in progress. On the series it only took a few weeks to a a few months but my makeover will take a life time. The scripture says in 2 Corthians 5 :7 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new", so on that day my extreme makeover began. It is true that I went through a big change that day but my journey has not ended.

In the process of makeovers, they usually have to tear down old walls or remove things that just don't look good or can not be repaired. You see I am going through some tearing down and some building up, maybe somethings will have to be totally demolished in order for my makeover to be completed. These things are painful but in the end the results will be unbelievable. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. I want people to understand that I am not perfect and I never have thought I was. I fail the Lord everyday and I see so many things that need to be changed but sometimes it takes years and years. I am so glad that the Lord, My Heavenly Father, is the one doing my makeover job. He is kind, gentle and loving in this process. He only wants what is best for me and He will finish the work. Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."

I guess what I want you to see is that yes I am saved and yes, I am a preacher's wife but I am also a sinner saved by grace! The process of the makeover is sometimes painful and long but wait until you see the end results.
He's Still Workin on Me

There really ought to be a sign upon my heart
Don't judge him yet, there's an unfinished part
But I'll be better just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hand

In the mirror of His word
Reflections that I see
Makes me wonder why He never gave up on me
But He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He's the potter; I'm the clay
He's still working on me
To make me what I ought to be
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still working on me

2 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME post. Thank the Lord He gently molds us. I too, am very much a work in progress. Being fashioned by the Master's loving hand. Blessings Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that the Lord so graciously gives us an Extreme Makeover by His grace! I just found your blog today, and sure do enjoy it! I'm your newest blog follower - I'm a Baptist preacher's wife of 28 years who loves the Lord and seeks to write to His glory.

    Keep up the good words!

    Lisa Raub
    www.LisaRaub.com

    ReplyDelete