Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Thirty Years of Service!





This past weekend we celebrated thirty years of service for the Lord at our Church. According to everyone this is a huge milestone! I guess maybe they are right because so many move from one place to another, sometimes for the right reason and sometimes for the wrong. I can not say if that is right or wrong but I can say that it has been a tremendous adventure to be in one place for such a long time. In fact, I can honestly say it seems like it has been a very short journey! 

Our church family, gave me flowers and gave us a reception along with gift cards! We were totally surprised and overjoyed to say the very least. I love these people!  Not because of what they did for us on our anniversary but because of the love and support they have shown us over the years. 

We were very young and had so much to learn when we took this church. I know we made many a mistake but they loved us anyway. A lot of the people have stuck with us for the whole thirty years, which is a miracle in itself. We have seen and faced heartaches of those that we loved pass on to heaven. We have seen sin take some of them and some of them come back into the fold. We have seen many saved. We have seen babies born and grow up her and helped me raise them for the Lord! We have been on the mountain top together and we have been in the valley together. We are a Family! 

When I think of the people here I know that many, as a matter of fact, all of them have had tremendous heartache in their lives but they became strong in the Lord because of them and it made them what they are today, which in turn contributed to our lives. I know for a truth, that we have hurt them and they have hurt us sometimes but you know what they loved us anyway and we loved them! They never stopped, they just forgave! Isn't that what families do? When we were young and childish in a lot of our ways but full of zeal, they were patient and loving!

AS you can see, I feel so blessed to be a part of this Church family that the Lord has given us! I love them each and everyone! We are a perfect match! I am so thankful that the Lord allowed me to be a Pastor's wife! Not just "A" Pastor's wife but one to the most faithful man I know and to the best church family I know!

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

1 Timothy 1:12




signature_zps0c9b5878

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful!! What a wonderful testimony to be at one church for 30 years!! I like reading your post. My husband is also a pastor. I find it encouraging to read about your family !! God bless you! P.S I think you know my mom... Donna Keel? She speaks highly of you and your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good ALL the time! Praying for 30 more years for your family and church!

    ReplyDelete