I don't like to complain but I really have to say that this has been the longest winter that I can remember. I seriously think that I have that S.A.D., you know when you feel down and depressed from lack of sun light. It is a real thing! I have noticed that over the last few years this has gotten worse with me. I feel so down and really want to cry all the time. I have to force myself to put a smile on. When the sun comes out and I can get out it just makes me feel so much better. During the spring, summer and fall I stay outside a lot. Soooooo this season is killing me! I am just so ready for it to be over with!
Bless all those sweet Christians that the Lord has called to go to those really cold, snowy, dreary, depressing places. I think you are something really special! But I have to say I am glad He called you and not me ;). Not to say if tomorrow He told me to go somewhere like that I wouldn't go because I have learned that where He guides He provides but I sure don't feel that guiding. Whew!!
I wonder how many others feel like me? I know spring is coming but I know that sometimes in my life it is not the season that gets me down but maybe life, sin in my life, feeling alone, not meeting up to what others think of me or even not measuring up to what I think of my own self. There can be a multitude of reasons for these feelings. But you know what I am smart enough to know that the Lord has everything under control. Things will never be perfect here. There will be times of darkness whether it really is just the winter months or darkness of the soul. But I want to leave you with a very encouraging verse that you can use during your months of darkness!
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1
Isn't it wonderful to know that He is our light! To me the word salvation speaks of salvation for our souls but salvation in so many other ways here. I think of safety sometimes from real live enemies and if we live long enough we will have enemies but salvation of the spirit. You know that inside person that does get down and out that feels like it just can't make it any further and sees no light at the end of the tunnel. He is a lifter of my soul. He lifts me mentally and spiritually. He loves me! He doesn't want me to feel this way and He wants to help me and save me from those oppressing feelings. He wants me to realize that He is my help and He is my sunshine. He is all I really need! Praise the Lord! God is good! Just speaking of Him and reading His word helps to bring us out of those despairing feelings.
2 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
3 But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
4I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah Psalm 3:2-4
How in the world did I end up there? I have a tendency to ramble :) Anyway, all this to say.....HURRY UP SPRING! But in the mean time....the Lord really is my light! I sure hope He is yours too :)



Wonderful post Mrs. Freida! I couldn't agree more. It's been terrible up here in Michigan, I'm ready for spring :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting this Mrs.Freida! I have been feeling this way for awhile now..I so agree with you! I am so ready for spring! God bless you and your family! I Hope you all are well. Keep looking up! Don't quit on the Lord!
ReplyDeleteCatherine K
I know just how you feel. What a shame that the weather can over ride what Jesus has done in us!! But thank God he knows how he created us. One day we'll be with him and smile ALL the time!!
ReplyDelete