Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Belated Mama's Day!!!!

Well it is the day after Mother's Day or should I say Mama's Day because around our neck of the woods no one says Mother except those that are trying to be big shots :). I hope all you ladies that are called Mama, Mother, Ma or whatever terms of endearment that is used in your area, had a great day. I sure did! No doubt about it! It was amazing from beginning to the very end!

You see Mama's Day is so precious to me for two reasons. The first is because I still have my Mama with me. She is 86 years young and she will fight ya if you say she is old. A few years ago she had a massive stroke and was totally paralyzed on the right side and could not talk. The doctors were not giving her much hope. It was a very sad and dark time in our lives but barely before the news was cold on our ears she began to recooperate. They started rehab immediately and she went from nothing to walking, talking and driving all over again. Some of the stories I could tell you are pretty hilarious now but some were heart breaking. It was so hard to see her not being able to talk the way she so loved to do. She is a very people person. The Lord truly performed a miracle even the doctors admitted that she was a walking miracle.

The second is that I was told by my doctor that my odds of having a baby were pretty slim. I had endometriosis. I was ran through everything know to the infertility world at the time. Poked, stabbed, probed to whatever new thing came along I was the guinea pig! I went through this for about eight years. I had several surgeries and took infertility drugs...the newest on the market but nothing worked.  I cried most nights to sleep and could not understand why God did not give me children. Was I cursed? What had I done that was so wicked that the Lord would punish me like this? Then there came a time of release! A time when I just completely and utterly gave it to Him. Whatever He wanted in my life was what I wanted. Then there came perfect peace. I can honestly say that there has not been another time in my life that I have felt such peace about an issue.  Guess what happened then!!! You got it I found out I was going to have my first baby girl, then my second, then my third ( which I will see in heaven), then the fourth, then the fifth! All baby girls!!!! Now I have four wonderfully sweet and beautiful girls! All grown up and the last is graduating this month from high school :'(.

So you see, I love Mama's Day! I celebrate it! I rejoice in it! It is an amazing day to me! I will never stop praising Him for giving me the greatest gift outside of salvation and that is children.  If He never ever, ever gave me anything else He has truly blessed me! I am called Mama and now I am called NaMa!!! I love that too!!! What else is there to say but ..........God is Good!!! I sure hope your day was as wonderful as mine! Whether you have children or not or if your Mama is with you or not I pray that you had a wonderful day because the Lord always knows what is best for us. He really is Good!
Mama's 86th Birthday! This is minus my oldest daughter that could not be with us!

1 comment:

  1. God bless you all, Mrs. Frieda. The Lord is the only One among us who has it "all figured out." I love it when the Creator of all the Universe upstages our "wisdom." Happy Mother's Day to you as well.

    ReplyDelete