Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1Cor.10:31I have been really concerned over the music that a lot of people are listening to lately. I have told you before that I was really into rock, pop and even country music when I was younger. I know what the beat and feel of the music can do and I must confess still does to me if I hear it somewhere. The words can be okay but the feel of the music does something to my flesh that I know is not Godly. I looked up the lyrics to a popular song that a lot of the Christians are listening to and there was not one word about Jesus or His blood, God or the Holy Spirit. The people singing it use a breathy sound in their throat. I just could not put my finger on what was bothering me so much....then I realized it! It was the Rod Stewart and Janice Joplin sound all rolled into one. I am not speaking as someone that does not understand about that music. By all means, I do. I am not trying to put down anyone. I am just trying to warn people about the power music can have over your flesh. Just because it has good words does not mean it is Godly music. Ask yourself, would you stand before a Holy God and jam to your music? Do you think in heaven they will be rocking and swaying or using the breathy sound (or bedroom voice)? I have noticed these same people dress very worldly. Would you dress that way if Jesus were sitting beside you? We need to remember that we still serve a HOLY God. I don't want to hurt anyone, I just want to warn. I honestly do know what I am talking about. Just because something is call Christian does not mean it is Christ honoring or Christ like. It can mean that we are putting Christian on something that we like just to make us feel better. Been there too! Please stop and pray about this and honestly seek His face. Don't listen to what others are saying....step aside and seek His face and ask yourself is Jesus really pleased with what I listen to, wear and the places we go. You see it is really all about Him!


Great Post,
ReplyDeletemama!
This is a great post. I too know about the effects of worldly music. It was part of my life for more years than I would like to admit. I can still remember words to many songs if I hear them out somewhere Some times I believe the Lord is reminding me where he has brought me from. Other times I think the devil does it to try to trick me back into old habits. He's tricky, you know.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your honesty. I agree with you 100%.
I hope you have a great weekend.