Just because it is old or old school does not mean it is not worth anything! I just had to stop by and say that! Sorry! No I am not sorry! I take it back! Everywhere I turn it seems that people are saying things like "that's just old fogey" or " your just too old fashion, you need to keep up with the times". I am so saddened by these statements. The old ways are not always to be pitched aside and discarded because they are just not new. Do you see what I am saying? I believe the Bible has something to say about this very thing.
Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. Jeremiah 6:16. This scripture is so true of the world today. They want their new music, new clothes, new Bibles, new life styles. But is it really new? The devil has been offering so called new trends since the garden of Eden. The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Ecclesiastes 1:9
I wont rant and rave too much today but I am so disturbed by this. I like the old hymns! They stir my heart and the words cause me to truly worship Him. I like the KJV! I can't understand why people say they can't understand it. Were the people in the past so much smarter than we are today? They had no problem reading and understanding it. They read it, believed it, learned by it, studied it and loved it! I liked the way ladies use to dress when I was young. They were ladylike at all times. Never would they have been caught showing too much or not looking like a what the good Lord made them! I like being a Mama and wife! It use to be that children were precious and loved and being a wife was at the top of the list as to what a girl wanted to be when she grew up! I just plain like the old ways! Sure I like new conveniences but why can't we have those things and keep the good things in the past?
You are not going to believe this but what started all this was a cake I made for church tomorrow! When I looked up the recipe it was listed as retro. It was a delicious cake and I guess it has made a comeback! I sure wish as Christians we could bring back the good things of the past! Some things are precious and priceless and should never be thrown out. As a matter of fact some things the older they are they become priceless! Let's become priceless and not forget the old paths! Just because things are shiny and new does not mean they are worth anything!!
Well here is the recipe that started this whole mess! :)
Watergate Cake
For the cake:
One box of white cake mix
One box of pistachio instant pudding
1 cup of vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 cup of club soda
1/2 cup of crushed nuts (optional)
For the frosting:
1 cup of cold milk
1 package of pistachio pudding
1 package of Dream Whip
Instructions
Preheat your oven to 350-degrees, then mix together the cake mix, one box of pudding, eggs and oil. The batter will look thick and somewhat grainy, like a cookie dough.Add the club soda and beat until well incorporated.Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan ( I used layers) and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, adjust time for layered cakes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To make the frosting: Combine the milk, pudding and Dream Whip in a mixing bowl, and beat until peaks form. I added 4 oz. of cool whip. Frost the cooled cake; serve immediately or refrigerate


I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. The longer I live the more I hear those kind of statements. I LOVE old hymns, I LOVE the KJV, I LOVE modest dress and looking like a lady, I LOVE helping the older folk in our church and community and listening to them. They have so much wisdom to share with us, if only we would take the time to listen. I LOVE to cook. I LOVE to clean my home. I LOVE being a Keeper AT Home. We can't change anyone else, but we can still travel the old paths and we'll be happier for it.
ReplyDeleteAMEN!!! Couldn't have said it any better myself! Love you Mrs. Freida! ~ Christine
ReplyDelete