Monday, October 1, 2012

Memories!

As you can see, I have changed my blog for the fall! I love the fall, the cooler weather, the changing leaves and the harvesting of crops in our area! It is wonderful! Such a beautiful time of year. The summer has past and I know that they say that summer days are lazy and slow but not around here! Summer is one of our busiest times of year. It seems like in the fall things move a little slower and we return to a routine. Anyway I am glad to see it come.
 
Did you notice the handsome man on the tractor? That man was my Daddy! Isn't he one of the best looking men you ever set eyes on? I can definitely say he was the best Daddy (Deddy)! The other man is the man that delivered the tractor to our house and as you can see Daddy looked quite at home and comfortable on that tractor seat. I remember him telling me that nothing made him any happier than riding on a tractor in those fields in the quietness of the day! He loved to be outside in the sunshine all by his lonesome in the middle of those rows of corn! I sure do miss that man and it seems that Fall is the time of year that I reflect back so much on those days. He loved the fall when the corn was being picked and the cotton (it was picked by hand when I was small and you talk about a job! Whew!) and, of course, the soybeans! We always killed hogs in the winter months when it was really cold outside and we made a family reunion out of it! Such sweet memories. I cherish everyone!
 
I know this is just a pop in blog post with not a recipe or give away or any great homemaking tip but I just wanted to reminisce a little and thought I would take you with me! I love to look at every one's  blog with all your pretty pictures.....but I think this is the prettiest!!! Hope you enjoy your Fall season and take time to reflect back a little. I have truly been blessed by the Lord....yep....no doubt about it!

5 comments:

  1. what a great picture ... love seeing old pictures of (seemingly) simpler times!
    My husband's grandpa was an Iowa corn farmer and drove a "Massey Ferguson" tractor.

    Anyway, also wanted to mention I've had to move my blog - but come visit sometime at
    www.ordinaryhausfrau.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look! Thank God you had a good daddy to have memories about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Fall!

    I love seeing the old pictures. What a great picture to have of your daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful photo of your dad! Autumn is a favorite season of mine too.

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look of your blog. Its very autumn. Old pictures really do give character.
    australian gifts for overseas

    ReplyDelete