Friday, October 12, 2012

Something on my mind!


Okay, I have had this on my mind for a few months now so I thought I would just share it and see what you think. We love to go to different conferences and hear good old-fashioned preaching and meet other Christians. Nothing makes you feel any better than to meet new friends and talk with like-minded people that love the Lord. Anyway I have noticed something that I am not really very fond of. Now, first of all, I want to say that I do not in any way want to insinuate that this is a sin but that I just don't like it.  So do you want to know what it is?  Here goes.....I don't like to see people bring in those IPads to church to read their Bibles.  There you go!!

Yes I said it! There is just something weird about it. Maybe it is because I like holding my Bible in my hand and looking up the scripture. I like the way it feels and I just plain like to hold it and feel the touch of God's word. To me there is just something that changes it to bring an IPad to church instead of your Bible. I don't know maybe I am weird that way.

What would happen if we all laid our Bibles aside and started using the computer world instead? No one had a Bible in their home...there is no need for one. We can pull it up anytime on our hand held computers. This blessed old book that men and women died for  would be reduced to a computer screen. I just don't like it. I am so sorry if that offends anyone but I don't.  Give me my Precious Old Bible. Let me hold it in my hand and not be ashamed to carry it with me!


 

5 comments:

  1. my daughter and I went in together to buy a Nook, e-reader. And I must say I don't like reading ANY book on it :( I want a REAL book in my hand ... and I will have to agree, my preference is THE Book in my hand at church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. There was a man sitting in front of us, reading his. He kept sliding his finger over to the next page and next. He didn't have time to read it, so I was wondering if this is just some thing he does without thinking? How easy is it to look at something else besides the bible and others around wouldn't know unless they were right there! Why even put the question into someone's mind as to whether or not you ARE reading the bible or something else? It makes me believe that they are addicted to their computer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Agree 100%.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just came across your blog this evening. I'm also an IFB pastor's wife; my husband and I are missionaries in Canada, where we've been for the past 8 years.

    I sure understand where you're coming from! One major problem with using the iPad in church is that there's so much potential for distraction, since there is more than just your Bible on it.

    My husband has an iPad (which our church bought and gave to him as a gift). He uses it for his daily Bible reading, but feels it's important for people to see him using the Bible in the pulpit.

    Having said all that, though, I must say that the KJV Bible on an iPad is still a KJV Bible, and has the same power as the book form we are all used to. It can still be read, memorized, meditated upon, and speak to us just as much as the Book can. I'm sure there were some people hundreds of years ago who said, "I just don't know about this new-fangled idea of a book. Seems to me our good old-fashioned scrolls are good enough!" ;)

    I'm not one to reject new technology simply because it's new, but neither do I immediately embrace it just because it's new.

    I hope I've presented a slightly different viewpoint in a gracious way! I mean no disrespect at all . . . and as this is your blog, you have every right to say exactly what you want to! I also hope I've found a new friend! :) God bless you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Old Bible ☺ I love how the man kisses his bible, tears to my eyes!! Praying my generation will have a love for God's word like that!!.....Love you ;)

    ReplyDelete