Thursday, January 10, 2013

Something Old and Something New!

I wanted to stop by and show you a couple of things that the Lord gave me! One is by the hand of a sweet friend and the other is just simply the Lord...and Good Will!

First off let me tell you my little story! Just before Christmas, our Walmart store had a shipment of FooFoo wreaths (not exactly sure what you call them). Well, I saw that there were some blue and silver with snow flakes on them.  I was so excited but I did not have the extra money to buy it at the tine. So I told Rebekah that I would just wait until next week. Next week came and they began to dwindle down but I told her if the Lord wanted me to have it I would have to wait until the next week. Guess what! They had all been sold....so sad! But life goes on!  I love to decorate for each season and especially with Christmas being over and you know you get that little let down once all the lights and drama are over.  Time moves on...still a little sad over it! But..........A lady in our church not knowing how badly I wanted this wreath, what do you think she gave me for Christmas but..........A Beautiful Winter FooFoo Wreath!!!! Not only was it that but it was two times bigger and a 100 times prettier!!!! Needless to say I cried!! God is just so Good!  She had no idea that I wanted one and that makes it even sweeter!!
 
This makes me think about how many times the Lord has given me sweet little love notes. How precious it is to receive one of these special gifts. She had no idea but she was a willing had and heart that the Lord used to bless me with! Isn't that great! Great for Me and great for Her! I was the one blessed by the gift but she was the one blessed by the giving!..." It is more blessed to give than to receive" Acts 20:35b

I know how sweet it is when the Lord blesses me this way but you know what I really hope and pray that I have the kind of heart like this lady and be used of the Lord when someone needs a special blessing to be the hands that He can call on to work for Him and give to someone else that needs that very special love note straight from Heaven!! Don't you?

 dishes2_zps1fafb977.jpg
My beautiful Foo Foo wreath!!!!

 dishes3_zpsb7a60f8d.jpg

 dishes4_zpse3e5f89c.jpg

 dishes1_zps94847bd5.jpg
 
The last pictures are some of my GoodWill finds. I love my treasures from GoodWill!
Love ya'll! God is so good :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your goodwill finds. They are beautiful!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wanna go shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those things are beautiful!!!! You know I love them, mama!! wished I had found them! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete