I have been recently bombarded with so many emails, text and phone calls from different ladies in tears over the devil's attacks on them, their homes, their children, their husbands and their churches. I don't know about you but I really think it is time we start building a place of refuge. Now I know that the only real refuge we can have is in our Lord. "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble". Psalms 46:51. What a precious promise this is! There are times that no one else can help you or comfort you but the Lord. He lifts us up when we are down and strengthens us when we are so weak that we can barely survive another day! What a blessing this scripture is!
There is a refuge that we need to build here and that is our homes. Ladies, the older I get the more I realize that our families need a place to run to. A place that is warm and free from harm. A place where they can be safe in a world that is not safe. As a little girl growing up I never had to worry about anything when I laid my head down at night. I never had to think about being hurt or anyone coming into my room in the night to do me harm. I never even knew such a thing existed. So many children now a days don't have that kind of life. My heart breaks because of this! My children have had that same comfort in life. They have been loved and cared for. Never had they had to worry that their Mama and Daddy were out partying or if they might not come home. Never have they had to think about if Daddy would hurt Mama or any of them. They could lay down at night and cover up in their warm beds and know that we love them. Such a precious thing to know.... Right?
Recently, when we have been out and about one of more of us have made the statement "I am ready to go home". We are seeing more and more wickedness in this world. It has become more bold in the recent days. The news has so many scary things to warn us of but all you have to do is go to Walmart and you can see the wickedness of this world. It has made me realize more than ever that I want my home to a bright and happy place to come to. Yes it always has been but I think the Lord has been trying to remind me that my first calling is my home. He wants me to make it a place that they can run to as a refuge from the world. A place that is clean, warm and full of love. That is what I want to stress in my life. I want my children and grandchildren to love to be here and when I die they will have sweet warm memories of home!
I am so sorry to ramble on so...but I hope you will help me to focus more on our homes. There are so many things that want to take us away. Even things that are not bad in themselves...like church but as women we have a great responsibility and that is to our homes! I would appreciate any tips that I can get to give my daughters the best home as I continue to focus on what the Lord's will is for my life and that is MY HOME!
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. Titus 2:4-5




Mrs. Freida, thank you for this post. I am a 50-year old wife and mother of three. My husband is a pastor, and we are at a wonderful Church. One of our deacons has begun an outreach program, and we have all endured such unusual difficulties. I don't think I ever remember Satan going to work quite as fast as he has in this situation. A dear woman of God told us that the enemy will go after the husband, then the members of the family and the home. You are so right about our responsibility to keep the home and to keep it as a refuge. Please remember us in your prayers and the family of this Godly man.
ReplyDelete