Monday, March 3, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things

I have had this simple post on my mind for a while now. I love to read other ladies articles about things that work for them whether it is at home or church or even personal items. I have tried recipes, cleaning, cooking, crafts, bible lessons and decorating ideas. Some of worked great and some have been a big FAT flop!!! But to say the least it was fun and educational at the same time.

I think Pinterest has been a boom because there are a lot of women out there just like me. We are always looking for new ideas and some old ones too that have worked for others. To tell you the truth, Pinterest is just plain pretty, kinda like window shopping right from your own comfy living room.

Well, I just wanted to take a brief minute of your time to let you know that there are a few products out there that I would not exchange for nothing and I mean NOTHING! Seriously, I love these products. I am not getting any kind of money to tell you about it. I just want you to know that these are a few of my favorite things (brown paper packages tied up with strings)...so sorry I just had to do that :)

                               
This is the best biscuit mix that I have ever tried. Yes, I have tried from scratch and I just don't have the gift or something. This makes nice pretty, fluffy, melt in your mouth, mama slapping biscuits! I will never trade this one!




Bar Keeper Friend was recommended to me by a friend of mine a long time ago! It really works wonders and I have to say it works circles around other cleansers. I clean a beauty shop once a week and it removes hair dye from counters as well!!! Love! Love! Love!!!



This is probably most favor-i-tess :)...yes I meant to say that ;) thing of all time. I grew up with this mayo. When I was young we would take saltine crackers and put this mayo on it and when we put the top on it would squeeze out like little worms! We thought we were in high cotton! I use nothing else no not even salad dressing :P.

Well that is my quick list of most Favor-i-tess things to use. If you have something that you really love just drop me a little line and as long as it does not compete with these three I just might give it a try!!!!

signature_zps0c9b5878

5 comments:

  1. When my husband and I were married 23 years ago, I was given a small pimento jar full of Stanley degreaser. I made it last for a long time, and it was just the best thing in the world for cleaning the kitchen. I have never been able to put my hands on more since. Yes, I grew up with saltinees and mayonnaise--we used the grocery store brand from Publix or Winn Dixie. Now our daughter will fix that as a snack with a little cheese on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use to have ketchup and mustard sandwiches for a snack after school sometimes too! Good Times, Good Times ;)

      Delete
  2. I have the Bar Keepers for cleaning my stainless steel pans and it works wonders. I LOVE it, but I never thought to clean anything else with it. I'm going to start experimenting. I've also never seen this biscuit mix before. Where do you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Sandra,
      I think it is only found around our area so that makes me sad for you :). I use the barkeepers friend on spots all on my counter, to clean my stove of stubborn stains (I have a really old stove) and in my bathroom cleaning! I really love it too!

      Delete
  3. I'll have to look for Bar Keepers now. I had never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete