Monday, June 22, 2015

December 21, 1916 -June 15, 2015

As many of you already know a great Christian lady has gone to meet the Lord face to face! Her name is Elisabeth Elliott. I have listened to Mrs. Elliott ever since I was saved on tape and on her radio program "Gateway to Joy". I will miss her in the fact that she is no longer with us here on earth but though she be dead she is still speaking!!  She is speaking in her books, her radio program, her daughter, her grandchildren, through me and most likely through you! 

Mrs. Elliot was not a fluffy type speaker! She was all scripture and never held back on the truth. She never looked for popularity but truth was what she was striving for. She stood for the Lord with her husband on the mission field and them without him when the Lord took him early in their marriage. She was a strong but gentle spirit! We need more ladies like her. I am fearful that there are not many left like her but I pray that the Lord will use the things she taught about her faith and her Lord will take root in many of us and we will take up the mantle!

There are many things I could say about her but maybe it would be profitable for you to search her out  because it will take you a life time to find out about her and you will begin to loose sight of Mrs. Elliott and see her Lord and Saviour! I know that was her true hearts desire! She now beholds the one she spoke of so freely, face to face! Adoring Him, Loving Him and Worshiping Him through out eternity and I am sure He said to her " Well done my good and faithful servant".


quotes elisabeth elliot - Google Search



signature_zps0c9b5878

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post, Freida. We need her voice now more than ever. Your blog looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete