Saturday, June 27, 2015


I know that everyone has been talking about the news from the shooting in South Carolina to the decision that the Supreme Court made over marriage. All these things have been very disturbing to me and to many of my friends. The America that I once knew and grew up in has changed, to say the least. I still love her but she is wounded and bleeding. She is so wounded that I am fearful of her wounds in that she may never recover except by a Divine Healing! 


I know there are a lot of opinions out there but since this is my blog post and I am a born again Christian lady I have no other place to go except to the word of God. In it I find comfort and peace. There is nothing that catches God off balance and He knows every move and every change that America is going through! We were founded on this precious word of God and because we are moving away from it quickly I know that according to the scripture the Lord will remove His hand of blessing. But least we forget there are still many Christians living here! Just as in the days of Lot when Abraham ask if there were at least ten righteous in Sodom would He spare them and God told him that he would. God may be looking for those righteous and this may be what truly brings revival in our hearts, our homes and our land! Israel was brought low many times for being disobedient but when they turned back to God and repented from their wicked ways the Lord always forgave and blessed them once again!

 I believe there are many in other countries that are praying for this Great America! We have always been a nation that has sent missionaries to other lands and now I know they are watching and praying for us! In speaking with some that have passed through our church before, they have always talked about how spoiled we are here and how blessed this nation has been so I know they are praying as they see these things coming to pass. I thank God for them because I believe we need all the prayer warriors we can get at this time.

I believe these are very disturbing times but I believe that as Christian ladies we can make a huge difference. We must continue on in the faith! Continue doing the things that we know the scripture requires of us! Continue on loving and praying for our husbands and children! Continue on being faithful to our churches! Continue on witnessing and winning others to the Lord! Continue on in Holy living!  Let me say this though we must do more than continue on, we must intensify!!! My Daddy use to tell me when I drove the tractor on the farm..."I need you to shift it into 5th gear". Well ladies.... We need to shift it into 5th gear!!!!!! Let's get serious about this life that the Lord has given us and serve Him with everything we have and then some!!! The trumpet is fixin to sound and time is short....we have a lot of work to do!!! God has not left us! He is just waiting to move in a mighty way!!!!!

But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2Timothy 3:14-16

 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2Chronicles 7:14

 : but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. 
Daniel 11:32

 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.  Jeremiah 33:3




6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this excellent post. I am a new reader here and much encouraged! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freida, Scripture holds the only truths we have. I agree with you--we have to stand up for and BOLDLY for the truths in the Word of God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great encouraging post, Freida !
    Thanks for visiting and following my blog, I am now following yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freida, how are you? I miss seeing you on blogger. Hope you and your family are all well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are all fine here just busy :) I have been reading and keeping up with you ;) Thanks for asking and caring!!!

      Delete