I'm sad!!! Do you ever feel just plain sad about things? I mean things that you have no control over! Well that is the way I feel sometimes. Let me take a short minute and tell you about some things I am sad over.
I am sad that ladies do not look like ladies any more. Please don't get mad at me but I grew up in a time when we would never ride to town with out dressing up a little. I mean we put on our dresses (not the Sunday ones) and brush our hair and ride to town. We would never have been seen in our pajamas or work clothes! My mama would have had a Hissy fit!!!! Go to the Doctor...dress up! Go to a funeral...dress up! Go to a wedding...dress up! Go to Church and you sure better.....DRESS UP!!! My mama was always so pretty. She dressed like a lady, smelled like a lady and acted like a lady! No we did not come from a rich home. We were farmers but she knew how to dress like a lady! I am sad that those days are gone.
I am sad that vulgar language flows like a river from people's mouths! Words that when I was in high school were considered curse words are now accepted. I don't think they even know what they mean. I heard a child in our bus ministry say a word one day and when I told them it was a bad word they did not even realize what they were saying. I am sad that we are not careful and respectful of others and ourselves that we use such language now.
I am sad that so many Mamas and Daddies don't stay together anymore. Even more so there are a lot that have never married in the first place. So many children now don't have the privilege of a Mama at home and a Daddy that comes home every day and loves and supports them. Not only financially but by their love and faithfulness of being a Daddy! I had both of my parents when I was little and I am sad for our children today! They are missing so much!
I am sad that the Internet and phones and the media have taken over our lives! We can not spend one whole day with our families without checking our Facebook, Pinterest or texting, texting, texting!!! These things are taking over our lives! Have you ever watched people out eating? They are all on their phones. Go to McDonald's and watch the play place. The children are running around and the parents are scrolling through their phones! They have no idea what is going on around them! Husbands and wives that should be talking to each other are sitting and staring at their phones instead of each others eyes. I am sad that we live in the cyber world and the real one is passing us by!
There are many other things that I am sad about but you know what I can rejoice in so many things! I am happy that I know that I have a home in heaven most importantly! I am happy that I grew up in the time that I did and I am passing those things down to my girls and I see them passing them to their children. That makes me very happy! I am happy that I have a Godly husband that is a hard working , kind and loves me and my girls have never had to worry about where their Daddy was or if he was coming home to them. I will not spend my life mourning about so many things that can bring me down. I have to try and make a difference if only in my own little family! I can do that! So can you! One by one we can win the lost and they too can make a difference and maybe just maybe we can see a change for the better!
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. I Corinthians 15:57



Freida, I could have written this post--you have said what so many of us are feeling. I have felt for many years that the enemy continually attacks the family.I think about the song, "Wait a Little Longer . . . please, Jesus." He tarries that more may come, but I am anxious for His return.
ReplyDeleteOh how I love this post! It is so true. So sad. I just want to live a simplified old fashioned life pleasing the Lord each day!!!!!!!!!! Love your blog! Good stuff always!
ReplyDeleteI'm sad with you. I miss the days when women were ladies, and I am sorry the young people today won't have these blessed memories like we do.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to meet you as a new member at my little blog.
Have a blessed day,
Shirley